Pages

Monday 24 December 2012

'Twas the night before christmas......

......and all through the house..........women everywhere were screaming at others to stop eating chocolate before they made themselves sick, were frantically trying to defrost the turkey with a hairdryer and wondering if wrapping the last presents in newspaper would make them look 'green' rather than 'you ran out of wrapping paper for my present didn't you?'.  No? OK then just in my house.

Actually I've not done too badly this year and I am lucky that my brother and his wife are hosting Christmas dinner.  So everything is done, the presents are wrapped, the house is cleaned, beds are made for those family staying at mine, food is in the fridge and we're good to go as they say.
The rest of today will involve sitting on my butt, painting my nails and stuffing my boat with chocolate.

For those of you who read my post on Loss you will know that last year was a very bleak Christmas for my family, but this year we are going all out Christmassy and celebrating.  Celebrating life and togetherness and the fact we are lucky enough to be able to have a Christmas - many can't.

So what I really want to say in this post is, Christmas can be an excitingly fantastical period, but I know that not everyone has such a festive time.  Those who are struggling financially, those who are home alone, those who are grieving, the homeless, the list could go on and on so I just want to say to all of you who are regular readers of my blog (I thank you) and also those who stop by and comment (I also thank you), that whatever situation you find yourself in this Christmas, I wish you from the bottom of my heart a time filled with peace, love and joy.




4 comments:

  1. The rest of my day will involve making the beds up, wrapping the last pressies and getting ready for church this evening (no time for painting nails today!)- oh and I still need to clean the oven! I'm so 'last minute' at everything but hey ho! Hope you and your family have a lovely Christimas Kay! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post Kay:) Happy Christmas to you and your family!
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a lovely time! Beautiful pictures :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!