Pages

Monday 22 July 2013

NOTD - Essie Lapiz of Luxury

Blue is a hot colour for nails, or so it seems at the moment and I have been on the look out for the perfect (for me) shade of blue and I think I've found it!

Those who read my blog, will know how much I lurrrvvve Essie polishes and I was pretty darn happy to discover this gem from their range.
As much as I like the colour blue, being a gal of advancing years (!) and being on the pale side it can be a tad tricky to pick the right hue of blue which doesn't end up making my digits look like dead mans fingers. It can't be too icy but needs some warmth to it. This polish definitely leans towards the warmer shades of blue. Just perfect for this gloriously hot (read that as blinking sweltering) weather we are having.

So if like me you are looking for the perfect blue I couldn't recommend this shade highly enough.
So what do you reckon? Are you loving the blue nail look or are you more of a conservative nail colour wearer? I'd love to know. Let me know if you have found the perfect shade of blue for you too!

7 comments:

  1. I love it! I think it looks great, and the shade is perfect. I haven't been able to try out blue yet, but mint is a little in that family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love blue nails as you know Kay - you're right this is a lovely warmer blue. No I still haven't got myself an Essie polish yet but yes I aim to before the year is out! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely loving the blue nails. I'm a big fan of brights, especially in summer, and my current favourite is Revlon Posh, which is a bright emerald green.
    Mel xx

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue nails are my absolute favourite and this shade is so perfect! It looks lovely and I'm rather in awe of your pretty nails, they look so polished and neat!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nail colour know no age! haha This shade reminds me of Bikini So Teeny! xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a pretty colour Kay! I find blue really hard to pull off, but that is a lovely light one. Great choice. x
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous blue! I sometimes feel blues don't suit my hands either but this looks lovely on you! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!